Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Cat Quilts - Purrrrfectly finished

A set of Jim Shore cats inspired me to use up some 2.5" strips. I love it that by sewing a light and dark strip together, and sub cutting 2.5" again, you can make 8 4-patch blocks out of a pair of strips. To make a 12" block simply cut a 4.5" focus fabric for the middle, then assemble like a 9 patch.

I made a total of 12 blocks. This would make a nice baby size quilt or in my case it's perrrfect for a couple of cat quilts.

I used a poly batting that I picked up with a coupon at Michaels. It's perrrrfect for what I wanted for the cats. After machine quilting these, I could tell that they will poof up pretty good after a wash.

There are 6 different cats in this panel, so each quilt got one of each cat. Here is the same cat, side by side in each of the quilts.

All folded up and ready to be delivered.

I'm ready for a cat nap.

6 comments:

MissesStitches said...

Nice work, Gail. They look great!

Donna's chitchat said...

how fun. I didn't understand on word of what you said.. except.. your done.. and you need a cat nap.

Quilting has their own language!

bargello said...

Are they really for cats???
See you Friday!

Joanne said...

Looks great!!

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Good Day, Your wee Cat Jim Shores quilts are pretty neat. Hugs Judy

Karen said...

Lucky cats!