Sunday, June 27, 2010

I've just had the best 3-day birthday!

It all started out on Friday at our Friday Girls coffee break. Tracy H. presented me with a really fun "Cookie Swap" inspired birthday package. There was a great book that I have never seen before but I'd heard about it on a couple of baking blogs. And there was also lots of Wilton supplies to help me in my baking efforts. Decorating cookies with royal icing is my new thing. They are so nice...almost too nice to eat!! Watch for lots of cookies on celebration days from me and the kids this year. Many Thanks Tracy. It's a great gift.
.
Then later on Friday, hubby took me away to the cottage where we spent a glorious weekend at the cottage. The rain that we were expecting never came. Just sun sun sun. I received birthday calls from lots of people on Saturday and then hubby made me a really nice seafood birthday supper on Saturday evening. It was nice, just the two of us.
.
Today when we got back from the cottage, Patience bought all the fixings for a salmon supper and she and Michelle cooked it for us. Patience is getting pretty good at decorating cakes. Don't you love this sunflower cake? The kids helped me blow out the candles.
.
A 3-day birthday.. who could ask for more!!
Thanks everyone.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I would definitely say that is one of the best birthdays!! Glad to hear you had a great time and that cake looks yummy!

Joanne said...

Happy Birthday!! Sound like you had a great time!!

MissesStitches said...

Happy Birthday, Gail! What a wonderful celebration you had! Good for you...

Donna's chitchat said...

Happy Birthday :)

Beautiful cake, wonderful family.

Quilting Queen said...

Sounds to me like the best birthday ever...belated birthday greetings..