Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I Spy Charm Swap

Over the past few months, my living room has been the drop off and collection point for "I Spy" kits of fabrics. We have 50+ local quilters each turning in 40 charm squares of each of three "I spy" fabrics. So, 120 charm squares in total for each kit to be traded. And today was the day we did the swapping.

Here you can see Kathy, Vivian and I swapped charms. This process took longer than any one of us anticipated. We even recruited help from my hubby and the janitor at the church where we used long tables to do the organizing and sorting.

In the end, the kits were pretty nice, and now the fun will be to see all the different I spy quilts that are made from these 66 kits.

And many thanks to the swappers who left us extra fabrics that will be used for some quilts that will be made for children in the community. I'm pretty sure we can stretch the donated charms into three quilts. Thanks everyone.

No comments: