Monday, November 29, 2010

Another Wonderfil Thread sample. Tutti 50

Here is another sample of Wonderfil thread.  This one is done up with Wonderfil Tutti 50 wt. Like the 12wt, this is Egyptian cotton thread.  I love love love this thread.  It's the perfect weight for me for machine quilting and I think this is my new favorite thread.   Again, I got this at Country Crafts and Curains quilt shop in Fredericton and it was hot off the press.  She just got them in the day before.  Yummy colors that so perfectly with Bali's and batiks. 

To test I first just free motion stitched over my previous sample of the Wonderfil 12wt thread (the heavier thread in the picture).   Within minutes I knew I really enjoyed sewing with the Tutti 50wt, so I made up this 18" square plain sandwich of cottons and batting and drew a gridded circle.. and started to free motion.  Took about an hour.  Yep, I do love this thread.  


I seem to be into the coffee colors lately, so the color I chose was a variegated browns and it shows up very nice on this off white fabric. I think the color is called Box Turtle.   I ran my Juki hard when I was machine quilting to see if the thread would break. It didn't!   I am impressed.
   
Later this week, I'll use my new spool of Wonderfil Tutti 50wt to quilt one of my Christmas in July projects.   Stay tuned.   

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Thanks for sharing, I will have to try it out.♥