Monday, November 22, 2010

What was I Thinking?

I'm working on my borders. I do have the vine done on each of the 4 borders, and I'm now adding flowers and leaves on the first border. What was I thinking, thinking that I would have these borders done by the end weekend. It's a ton of work to place and stitch around each star.

I do really like doing applique on the Brother NX2000. I like it because the applique stitch that I'm using takes a 90 degree stitch to the left and then back.  It's not a zig over then back kind of stitch.  It's handling my invisible sulky thread like a charm. The few stars that I have completed are so nice. The time is counting down. My evaluation time for this Brother is almost up.

So my more realistic goal is to get the rest of the applique done in the next few days.  Stay tuned.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be interested in hearing your evaluation of the Brother sewing machine. Lucy

Cindy @ Creating at Home said...

It'll be nice to see your finished quilt! Isn't that machine a dream? I loved having the use of it for a couple weeks, too.

Karen said...

It will be interesting to hear your final comments on the machine, Gail. Brother certainly chose a good tester to put it through its paces.
That's a gorgeous quilt - and yes...appliqué always takes longer than it should!

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello from Michigan. I look forward to seeing your finished quilt. I think you are a master with that machine of yours. VBG Hugs Judy