Monday, January 3, 2011

St. Dunstan's Raffle Quilt - Week 1

I do appreciate the suggestions I got on my previous post for a nice name for the Fall inspired raffle quilt that I'm making for the St. Dunstan's Church quilters.  I haven't chosen a name yet but soon.  I'm leaning towards the "Twirly" names that Linda left in the comments. 

So I have the kit cut and I've got a good start on sewing.     I'm now adding the 3.5" squares to each end of the strip pair sets.   Here you can see the small stack that I have done so far.   There are three of these strips sets in each block so that means I have to have 168 of these done.   It might be aggressive, but I hope to have all 56 blocks done by next Saturday.  

This doesn't seem like it's going to be as much work as the Nines and Vines that I did in November, but I don't want to take any chances and miss my "End of January" deadline that promised to the quilters.

Stay tuned for next Saturday's update.

2 comments:

Donna's chitchat said...

I like Autumn Twirl..... could be the wind, could be a dance. Seems appropriate for those colors and the print.... Can't wait to see the next stage.

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello from Michigan.
I would like to wish you and your family a Very Happy New Year.
I have never known anyone that create so many beautiful quilts as you do. All of them are truly lovely.Great Job. I also enjoy seeing all the creative foods you make. They all look very yummie. Hugs Judy