Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Ebay Mail.

I received eBay mail today.  I ordered a quarter inch foot for my new Singer Featherweight. I haven't tried it, but it looks like this foot will also fit my Pfaff.  Wouldn't that be something if it did... That means I have a whole bunch of quarter foot options for my Featherweight.   I'll be testing this out when I get home this spring. 

I also ordered these 1/4" feet for my Juki TL98Q.   You'll notice that there are three.   I ordered one for me, and two for my friend Linda G. who got a new Juki TL98Q for Christmas.   I have been using this same foot for about a year now.  I really like it.  It's solid.   I have been unsuccessful at finding a good 1/4" foot without a sidebar.  So my plan for my extra foot is to take the sidebar of this foot, and have the extra side part of the foot removed.  That way, I can sew things like half square triangles etc., with ease.

  

3 comments:

Karen said...

Interesting finds, Gail. I agree with you about the sidebar things - they are great for seaming, but a bit of a nuisance "cross country". You are getting lots of mail in your new quarters - it must feel just like home.

Donna's chitchat said...

interesting....

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much Gail for that purchase. I am going to try the Juke tomorrow. Linda G