Monday, June 20, 2011

Winter Wonderland - 15 Fabrics

On Thursday I picked up my DMC perle cotton from the stitching shoppe in Moncton.  And then it was on to sorting out my blue fabrics for the blocks.  The pattern calls for 6 darks, 6 white/lights and 3 mediums.    That's a lot of fabric, but the good news is, is that I had over half of them in my stash. 

This morning, I drug a bag full of fabrics down to Country Crafts quilt shop and laid them all out.  With Diane's help, we eliminated a bunch right away.  Then after pulling about 18 bolts out from her shelves and auditioning them, we found the 6 fabrics that were needed to complete the range.  

Now, I'm ready to piece and stitch.  Is it July 1st yet!!!!

5 comments:

Linda said...

I love your blues. What an awesome project. Can't wait to see the results.

Four dogs and one quilter said...

I love your blues too. Am doing Crabapple Hill's T'was the Night Before Christmas in blue. Love their patterns.

paulette said...

I have this pattern...love your blues and prints!! Never thought to use perle cotton!! I can't wait to watch you make this beauty!!
P

Linda H said...

Of course I love the blues too.. being a true BLUE lover... Lookin' good...

Quilting Queen said...

Gonna be gorgeous. Love the blues..keep posting so we can see the progress. And no, it's not the 1st yet but getting close.