Friday, July 15, 2011

Choosing a 2012 Raffle Quilt for St. Anthony's

I've been looking through patterns with the intent of making a raffle quilt for the St. Anthony's Quilters to quilt this fall and winter.  I'm so pleased that Gail F. has said it was OK if I used her Starry Path design which she called Sylvia's Stars.  I loved it when she first posted it on her blog.   Then I loved it even more when I saw it at the Sussex Quilt Guild Show last year.     Then I loved even more when I saw that it won a ribbon at the Quilt Show.     If you click here on Gail's post where she has this quilt on the rack and it's half quilted, you'll see the fabulous design she came up with to fill the white squares.   

Last year was the first year of hand-quilting for the St. Anthony's quilters.   With a year under their belt, I think they're ready to do more than stitch in the ditch.   Don't you think this will be a striking raffle quilt?  How could you not buy a ticket!

This coming week, I'll be sewing up a few sample stars to see which six inch star pattern I will use.  Then I'll be figuring out a sewing workplan so I can have this top ready for the group to start hand quilting this fall.

3 comments:

Joanne said...

It is a great design!
Those kind of stars are my favorite to make - should be lots of fun.♥

Quilting Queen said...

oh, I am blushing. thank you for the kind words....

Karen said...

You choose such great designs for your raffle quilts, Gail; you've done so many winners, you're an expert at this. Can't wait to see it. I really enjoy how you organize your fabrics and allot time to each task as well.