Friday, July 29, 2011

I found it!!

I knew I'd find the Sept/Oct McCalls Quilting Magazine here in Maine. There is a Barns and Noble near the Quilt Show in Augusta.  A quick trip to the bookstore and before I was even out the door, I was ripping open the plastic bag and flipping through the magazines to find my article. 

Ahh, here it is.  I was so proud.  They did such a nice job of laying out the article.  It's been months since I last wrote/read the article and it was like I was reading it again for the first time. 

Hy hubby read it for the first time, and he thought it was awesome.  He wants my autograph!!    It sounds like the issue is on Canadian newstands now too.  I received nice notes from a few of my friends to say how nice the article is. 

Besides my article :), this issue has so many nice patterns in it and it will be such a nice keepsake for me.  In the magazine was a CD with 5 holiday patterns.  I can't wait to see what they are.

The Maine Quilt show was awesome. I definitely have pictures of my top 100 favorites, but I need to review them closely and will do a top 5 for you within a day or two.   I loved the recycled bridal challenge.  And I really enjoyed the many chapter challenges.  Where do people get all the ideas.  It ccertainly is inspirational?

The Maine Quilt Show goes on for two more days.  If you are within driving distance, it would be worth the trip for you.  I guarantee it!



7 comments:

Donna's chitchat said...

I am so excited to get it..... I will look for it tomorrow on my trek around the valley.... yipeeeeee

paulette said...

Congratulations!! I'm going to have to get it when I see it!! I'm on a mission!
Take care!
P

Anonymous said...

Hi Gail,

Sandra N. just called from Walmart (Fredericton, N.B.) and your magazine is on the stands there...a 2 page spread...congratulations!

Can't wait to read it!

Karen

merrily row said...

I did not realize when you asked if I had received this month's McCall's Quilting that you had an article in this issue. Congratulations. Great job.

Michelle Matheson said...

Congrats on your article :D!!

Linda said...

Congrats on your article! I just finished reading it and thought it was very well written and informative. I will be passing your article on to a quilt raffle group I know.

Diane said...

Wow, I just found your blog and reviewing old posts, found this one. I recognized the cover of magazine and am thrilled to know that you are the author of that article. It was the first thing I read because I am making raffle quilts and thought the info was excellent.
Congratulations and thank you for writing it.
I love your blog and look forward to spending more time reading everything.
I want to start a blog but not sure where to start. Yours is an inspiration for me.

Diane C in BC