Monday, August 8, 2011

My Small Embroidery Pouch

I was right yesterday when I said that this little project would take no time.   I bet it took less than a hour.  Half an hour was spent picking out fabric scraps that I could part with, if my project didn't turn out but if it did turn out, I wanted fabric I would enjoy. 
Like so many of my other "Prototypes", it's not bad and I like it.  I think I'll use it. The size is about 6" x 8".  It holds my on-the-go embroidery stuff with a little room to spare.   I like that I can see inside the bag.  I'm always misplacing things, and I know that I try to keep my stuff in the bag when not in use.  This will give me a quick glance.

I used the Lazy Girl Designs take-along bag technique for putting in the zipper. I also used the LD technique to square off the bottom so it will stand.  I put  little loop inside so I can tether my scissors.  On more than one occasion, when I embroider on the deck, my small scissors drop between the planks wood.   My intent was to have the zipper open from the other side, but you know.... when you are sewing something inside out, etc, it's easy to get mixed up.
Do you like it?

5 comments:

Donna's chitchat said...

I love it...your amazing!

Linda H said...

Looks great Gail. Sounds like it fits the bill for you!

MissesStitches said...

I love it, Gail! It's just exactly what I need! Can you tell me how to make it, or can I buy one from you?

Sweet P said...

What a wonderful bag. I'm a gadget bag-aholic. I have a different bag for just about every project I work on.

Kathy MacKie said...

What a great job and to be able to see at a glance what is inside is cool!