Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Cute Cute Embroidery Design

I've had my embroidery machine for a long time now.  It was a phase for me.   I still do the occasional quilt label for a raffle quilt but not much else.   But this week I came on a really cute "pack" of embroidery files that are sweet for quilters and sewers.   I bought the pack yesterday and it was a great excuse to get out the embroidery computer and hook it all up.

When I opened the zipped pack, and picked out the design I wanted to stitch, I near fell over when I learned that it required 23 different threads.   I thought about not doing it... what a pain. I have tons of colors of thread, but it was the time to sit at the machine to wait for the thread change prompts.   Oh, what to do.... But once I gathered all the threads that I needed, I was anxious to start.  I used a heavier scrap of tafata type fabric to stitch out my sample on.

Over the span of a couple of hours, while I was sewing on my other machine, I tended to the thread changes, and enjoyed watching the sweet design appear.  It was a little over half done and all that was left to do was the center.   I couldn't stop now.  I had to continue.


Ta da.    Some 23 thread changes later, and I have a sweet 5" x 7" embroidery to make something with.  It's done and I'm so pleased with it.  It started out as a sample stitchout, but it's perfect, so I'm thinking that this would  a sweet book cover? or mabey a cute bag to put sewing notions in?   I'll think about it and decide later..
 



4 comments:

Joanne said...

Very cute, it sure seems worth all the thread changes.

Joanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Calicojoan said...

Those designs are adorable. Crap this means I have to buy more designs!!! :-) So sorry - oops I mean happy you showed them to me! :-) :-) :-)

Wendy said...

Very charming! You are a patient lass...