Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A "Get-Well" Gift Idea for a crafty friend.

I was searching my brain for a low-cost non-food gifty something that I could give/make for a crafty quilty friend who was in the hospital for surgery.   I came up with this idea.

I traced a stitching pattern on a doubled piece of white fabric, included an embroidery needle and a skein of red floss. I made a long home made envelope so I wouldn't have to put too many creases in the fabric. I put lots of Get Well writing on the envelope and dropped it off to her daughter to bring to her in the hospital. That was a week ago.

I just got word back that she loved it and is working on it 15 or 20 minutes at a time. It is a nice distraction from her medical stuff. She shows everyone who comes to visit!.. I'm so pleased that she is enjoying it.

The photo shows the faint marked stitching lines of the Meg Hawley 2002 pattern called "Snow"..

4 comments:

Linda H said...

What a great idea Gail. I would LOVE something like this if I were in hospital, and not too ill...

Diane said...

That is such a good idea Gail. The fact that all the supplies are included makes it a perfect gift.
Thanks for the inspiration.
Diane

Kathy said...

You re so smart. It must help to make her time pass, which is always a good thing in hospital.
K

MissesStitches said...

This is really a wonderful idea! What a good friend you are!