Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A Crazy for Cats II quilt for my friend Rose

Well, I'm back in my sewing room after my lazy sun vacation in Cuba.  I had anticipated a fuzzy brain when I got back, so I prepared myself a to-do list.   And I'm glad I did.    I walked into my sewing room and stood with a dazed brain.   what am I going to do.......  Then I spotted my to-do list....

One of the things I must get done before we head south to our Snowbird home away from home next month, is to make this cute Debbie Mumm Crazy for Cats II pattern for my friend Rose.    She can't see well enough to sew any more and she really wants a small hand quilting project to work on over the rest of the winter.  So I offered to sew up this kit she's had for a few years.

It's cute...and not such a big job.... I'm doing all the cutting and other prep work today, in anticipation of sewing the 9 cat blocks tomorrow.... Then I'll sew a bit on it each day this week, and I think I'll be done over the weekend...

As I sew, all the projects that I was working on are coming back to my lazy brain.... slowly, and one by one....  The list really helped too.

1 comment:

Karen said...

What a sweet project...and what a good friend you are. Rose is lucky to have such an expert piecer making her quilt. Looking forward to seeing it together!