Saturday, June 2, 2012

Winter Wonderland - hand stitching done

It's been 10 months since I started hand-stitching this project.  For about 6 of those months, I have to admit, that it sat on the coffee table without any work done on it.   So now that I'm on a roll again,  my next step is to add an inner border, then make piece the individual blocks in the border.      
Left over DMC 12 wt Perle cotton.   Whew
Just in case you want to do this project using DMC 12 wt Perle cotton, this is what is left from two spools.  About two needles full.  Whew, that was close.    There maybe just enough to stitch a label.      I really like this Perle.  Much better than two strands of floss, in my humble opinion.
Now, on to the borders...   Stay Tuned..

.

1 comment:

Linda H said...

Lookin' good, Gail. You cut it pretty close on the thread! At least you didn't have to buy another whole spool or ball for a few inches of thread! :)