Saturday, July 7, 2012

Using leftover bits of I spy fabric

After cutting hexagons out of some  I spy fabrics that my friend Lucy dropped off for the school project last week.  I was left with some bits that were too small to cut more hexagons out of, but too good to throw away. 

So I made some small patches out of them.     I simply trimmed out some of the fun characters and laid them face up on a piece of paper backed fusible.  Then I put a piece of parchment over it and ironed them to the fusible and cut them out.  

Today I used up five of them.  I lightly ironed them to some snack bags that I was making and zig-zagged around them to secure.   I have several more made and I'll save them for other projects or simply patches on the kiddo's blankies...    Cute, eh!

Giraffes and a bunny

A Lucy Patch... (thanks Lucy)

Sweet Unicorns

3 comments:

Calicojoan said...

Great way to use those ohhhhh way to cute to throw away things!

Anonymous said...

You are very resourceful. Lucy

Kathy said...

Cute...I like 'em!!