Sunday, April 14, 2013

Aurora Sews

I've been back from down south for a week.  It's been a fun, but its been a busy week.   I'm getting back into the groove of things.

Aurora is visiting this weekend.   We're making doll clothes as well as a couple of roman blinds for her mama.   I knew this day was coming, but it took me by surprise.  Today she says, "Grammie, I want to sew!"  And she wanted to sew NOW.   So I talk to her about sewing, and yes she can sew.   I choose my Pfaff to let her sew, because it has a 'sew slow' button on it.  I tell her that.  She chooses fabric, and sews.  She's kind of a natural at it.

For now, she just straight lines on really nice Dora fabric.  She knows how to put the presser foot up and down to turn the fabric.  She manages to sew even slower by having a light foot.  

All this made me smile.







4 comments:

Lee said...

She'll be free-motion quilting in no time! So cute.

Maybe Grampie needs to build a special presser foot pedestal to lift it up higher off the floor for now? He made great ones for my cutting table. Or maybe use the bathroom step stool?

Michelle Matheson said...

how adorable... I knew it wouldn't be long

MissesStitches said...

How cute! That's great! Another quilter in the making.

Mademoiselle Marie said...

Adorable! Actually there's a similar photo of me when I was 4 years old and sewing on my mom's sewing machine (also a pfaff!).
She'll be a pro quilter in no time :)