Monday, July 15, 2013

Christmas in July table runner - a work in progress

I started two of these little Christmas table runners last week.  I just love this project.  I thought I would use my Aspen Frost charm pack, but it didn't lend itself to that.  So I just cut charms from  my stash.   I'm over half finished.  

The pumpkin seeds are all pinned down on the base, and my next job is to stitch all around each of the 16 seeds.  Then I'll layer, do some simple machine quilt and bind with red binding.    I'm making two, one for me and one for my sister.  I'll do a little each day, and they will be done by Friday.

Here is the link for the free pattern  from the craftyquilter.com and this is the picture is what it will look like.



3 comments:

Diane B. said...

Gail these are soo cute and simple too...I will have to make one for a display for my new MODA fabrics...Diane...Have a great time at grammy camp this year...good weather too I hope...Diane...

Linda H said...

Very nice!!

Julie @ The Crafty Quilter said...

I love your version of the table topper, Gail! It's going to be beautiful when it's done. Thank you for sharing!