Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Free Motion Scribble Stitching - Give it a try

Yesterday, I practiced free motion scribble stitching around some scrappy fused flower patches.  Stitching with black thread was scary, but now after stitching a dozen flowers, I think I'm getting the hang of it.  
I was prepared to do my practice stitching and throw away my samples, but I really like them.   So next week, I'll make them up into little zippered pencil cases.  Stay tuned.

Want to try it yourself?  Here's a link with some tips.

2 comments:

Dolores said...

This looks like so much fun. I hope I get some time to try it. Right now I am playing catch-up with projects that have been on hold.

Unknown said...

Your first attempt looks nice! I used magic applique to adhere my pieces of fabric and then went crazy with free motion scribbling! So much fun cant wait to do it again!