Monday, July 1, 2013

Happy Canada Day Quilt

Happy Canada Day everyone.

By the time we went to the cottage on Saturday, I had 60% of this sweet quilt machine quilted.  It's called Oh, Canada.   Today I spent a bit of time to finish up the quilting and the binding.    The quilting is really wonky but I like it.   Swirls in the white background and geometric straight line shapes in the sides of the flags.  And each of the 10 maple leaves is quilted uniquely.

It was a fun quilt to do.    Want to make one for yourself?  You can get the pattern here on Etsy.   Or if you are local to where I teach, why not take a class with me next spring I will lead you all into your own Oh, Canada.  

I know I did this one is about 10 days flat, but I was using Canada Day as my goal to finish it.  It's done, but it was close.

 




Oh Canada!!



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a class to look forward to. Sign me up. Lucy

Sandra said...

Wow Gail, I love your quilting.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Just stunning quilting...love the whole quilt!

socialsue said...

love your quilt!!!!! great job!!

Kathy said...

I am anxious to see this in "real life", but when? We aren't meeting on Fridays anymore...maybe we will have to meet some afternoon for a hot one. Or if it warms up and stops raining...a cold one!

MissesStitches said...

I love your quilt, Gail! Wonderful work. I love all the different free motion quilting. And Happy Canada Day to you.

Lee said...

Sweet! I want one...

Julie Cefalu @ The Crafty Quilter said...

Your quilt is beautiful! It's so nice to see all the bright colors!

heather said...

I have been so inspired by all your beautiful work....and just love this quilt...ordered the pattern...wish I lived on the East Coast instead of Norther ON ! I would take your classes !

Sandra said...

I can't wait to do this class....