Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Rounded Top Kitty Pouch

Back in early May, I was given some scraps of sweet fabric from Mary R. of the Miramichi Guild.   I knew these mischievous looking kitties would be darling in a small project.  

Meanwhile, I need to practice some free motion in preparation for quilting my Winter Wonderland quilt.   Over the next little bit, I'll be stitching up little sandwich pieces to get  some new comfort with different designs.  

Today I came across the little kitty fabric, so I thought I would free motion stitch on the little cat fabric and then I can  make something out of it.  

After practicing my free motion for about 15 minutes, it was done.  I used this practice sandwich to make a pouch using this little bag tutorial.  The curved top intrigued me.   It's not very big... about 6 inch tall by 9 inches wide.

To finish it off, I added a little bling for the zipper pull.

Cute eh!

4 comments:

Donna's chitchat said...

ok, a week ago, I thought.. .hummm, I might like to try and make one of those Canada Quilts... then, I thought, ok, maybe I should work on something Christmasy, and today I want to make this little bag... I CAN'T KEEP UP WITH YOU!!! You are amazing, and I want to own everything you make... just sayin'

Karen said...

SWEET, Gail - love the fabric!

LeKaQuilt said...

Love how your little bag turned out. And I LUV the cat fabric :o) Thank you for linking ! Hugs Lena at LeKaQuilt

Kathy said...

Geesh Gail...love it...and you know me and cats!