Thursday, June 19, 2014

Four Wallets

It's been a busy week with birthdays, Fathers Day and little trips here and there.   I'm completely in between big sewing projects.  I'm kind of enjoying the break.    I'm working on organizing Grammie Camp activities and gathering supplies.  

I showed you last week, a wallet that I made myself.   Well, that was a prototype, and I have loved using it over the past couple of weeks.  I decided to cut out a couple of kits to make two more, and I would choose my permanent wallet after they were done.  Well just about that time, I was visiting Diane at Country Crafts, and came home with beautiful leafy batiks to make wallets.  So I cut out two more kits.   So now I have four wallet kits cut out.   I decided to make them all at the same time.   I did a little bit here and there in between our little trips, and wow, I have my four wallets done.  

This is such a nice pattern that I might lead a private workshop locally.   I would call this a slightly advanced project.  This would definitely be for a confident sewer.    That doesn't mean that a non-confident sewer can't do it.  Just buddy up with a confident sewer who can quietly watch over you...  Let me know if you are interested.

I still don't know which one I will take as my permanent wallet.  I'll decide next week.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Gail, I'd love to sign up for your Wallet course! The project looks great, and would be a wonderful gift -- for me, or someone else!

Jeanne Kaye Speight

Anonymous said...

I would love to make this if there would be a confident sewer who would watch over me.

Anonymous said...

Gail, I would like to sign up and Jeanne Kaye can I sit beside you if I promise to be good? please? Judy S.

Kathy said...

Not sure that I could manage but...I'd like to be on the list.