Monday, December 8, 2014

A Gift for Mme. Lucille

Miss Aurora was here for a visit over the weekend.   On Saturday, she was telling me all about school.  Grade 1 is so much fun and her teacher Mme Lucille is so nice and pays lots of attention to her.   She told me that Mme Lucille loves her pencil case and Aurora really wanted to make one for her.    So we set out on our mission for the afternoon.    It helped that I had some pre-stitched fabric that looked like paper.   I hand stitched Lucille's name using a cursive font.  They used to teach that font in school.   I then I quickly sewed up the the little zippered pouch.

Aurora helped by picking out the beads for the zipper pull.  She knows Mme Lucille's favorite colors. 

So today, Mme Lucille will get her special gift from Aurora.   Do you think she will just love it?      So cute... 


 


3 comments:

Lee said...

Lovely! But geez, I'm exhausted from watching your productivity while also feeling like a slug!! lol! At least I cleaned off my cutting table to I have half a chance of being motivated to make something. Just being grateful for small things...

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

It is an adorable gift, I'm sure she will love it.

MissesStitches said...

Wonderful teacher gift! How clever of you!