Tuesday, July 26, 2016

All Sewn Up Sewing kit


Do you like making small projects.   Pat from Heartfelt Quilt Shop in Winter Haven Florida knows that's me through and through.   I led a few classes at her shop while in Florida this past winter and saw that some of her regular sewers like small  projects too.    Anyway, Pat sent me home to Canada with some fabric and a pattern to try.    It's such a cute pattern by May Chapelle.  It's called all Sewn Up...    I made a prototype with 3 of my own fat quarters just to see what it would look like.  It's so darn cute.    

When you unfold it, this kit has a pocket for a small pad of paper, and another pocket, a generous pin holder, a couple of slots for seam ripper, pens etc... and a nice see-thru zippered section.  I love that it closes with trendy clip hardware.      The zipper is applied in a way that I had never used before.   I love learning new zip techniques....


Here is the finished kit.  All finished.
And it all closes with a trendy swivel clip...    For a prototype, it came out pretty nice... I'm glad I used cute fabric.  It's a keeper.  
Now, I wonder if this will make a fun 1 day project class.   I'll make another and see where I might make improvements and check how long it will take to make it..

Maybe I will get together with a focus group (say..my coffee buddies) and see what suggestions they might have...  

Stay tuned...


I found a place on this prototype to
put my little homemade stamped
label.  So cute..but next time, I'll
use a smaller label..

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is adorable. I find I love the idea of having these, but putting them in use is usually beyond me. LOL Oh well, it's the fun in the making right?

Lee said...

Hmm, wonder if a tablet would fit in there instead of a note pad? A focus group is definitely needed!