Saturday, July 9, 2016

An Irish Chain distraction

The last few days have been overcast, if not rainy..   

I hadn't planned on doing this until next month, but I decided to cut out a kit for an Irish chain quilt for the St. Anthony's Quilters.  They need a quilt to start up in September, and they decided an Irish chain would be a nice change.   I cut out the kit for the large lap size quilt.   I had been wondering if I'd have enough fabric in my stash.   I did.   

With a little rain the forecast earlier this week, I decided maybe I would just sew some of the strip sets together.   Well, I had forgotten how quick strip piecing is.   The sets were sewn up quickly....   

Well, you know where this is going...

It wasn't long before I had the 18 25-patch blocks done, and the 17 alternate blocks.    It's a grayish Saturday today and I laid out the quilt on the spare bed to see what it will look like.   I like it.    I picked them up using my favorite Eleanor Burns method.    

I know that I'll probably get them sewn today.  But I've decided that will be enough of the green for me, and will save the borders, and binding for another rainy week...     
 

3 comments:

Andrea R said...

What's the Eleanor Burns method for picking up the blocks? :) I stack left to right, top to bottom.

Lee said...

I agree with Andrea's question! I was just Googling to see what it is!

Kathy said...

Hmmm we are all wondering Gail? Love the greens!!☘