Saturday, March 10, 2018

The Button Makes It!

I'm trying out a new pattern.   Before I invest in some fun collection fabric to make this fun small project, I'll use my own small bag of scrappy stash to make a prototype.    I had everything except a shank style button to top off my new pin cushion.  It's only 4" square and I just love the mini Dresden plate that sits on top.    I had envisioned going to the fabric store to get a button. But while in our community craft room yesterday with some knitting friends, I was shown our crafty "Junk" drawer with all kinds of awesome crafty things..   It was a small gold mine.  It was kind of exciting.  There was buttons, Velcro, doll eyes, needles, elastics, sequins, beads and so much more. 


After finding 5 perfect shank buttons for the pin cushion, I sat and auditioned them on my pin cushion for my knitting friends.  With their help, an antique gold button was chosen.  There was 2 of this button so I took both.    So now, what to do with the other perfect buttons.    Well, it was suggested I make more pin cushions.    And you know, it's not a bad idea.   I just might do that.

  

2 comments:

MissesStitches said...

Your pincushion looks great! I might like to try that some time.

Donna's chitchat said...

wow.. what a lot of work.. so adorable! I love the button too.. really cool.